Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1. How do I get a house?

In Perth and Kinross we are part of the Common Housing Register (CHR) so you should complete a CHR Application form for rehousing in the Perth and Kinross area.

Contact the local area Housing Team on:
T: 01738 474000 or you can also email them:


We currently look for 50% nominations from local authorities and plan to move toward full membership of all Common Housing Registers so you should always register with the local council for housing. To register contact:
Angus Council - Visit the local ACCESS Offices or you can contact:
By Post: Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar  DD8 1AX
Tel: 08452 777 778

Dundee City Council - Visit the local office or you can contact:
By Post: The Lettings Centre, 169 Pitkerro Road, Dundee DD4 8ES
Tel: 0300 123 9023 or 01382 307400

Fife Council - Visit the local office or you can contact:
By Post: Fife Council, Forth House, Abbotshall Road, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1RU
Tel: 08451 55 00 33


In the Highlands we presently seek 100% nominations from the local authority:
Highland Council - Visit the local office or you can contact:
By Post: The Highland Council, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness IV3 5NX
Tel: 01349 886602


Stock previously owned by Servite HA in Dundee, Angus & Fife are allocated using a Choice Based Letting system called Homehunt

• All you need to do is complete a simple form to register with us; you can get this form in person at our office, by phoning in or via the internet.

• If you have a housing need you may be asked to complete a ‘Priority Pass’ application form in order for this to be assessed. Please tick one of the boxes on the registration form if appropriate

• We advertise our vacant properties weekly, and once registered, you can check what’s available by telephoning our free information number 0800 328 7932 which is updated weekly; by checking the Thursday edition of the Courier or by checking the Homehunt website.

• If you see something that is suitable for you, you can apply (bid) for it, you can do this online, by phone or in person


2. Where am I on the waiting list?

• We don’t operate a traditional waiting list; we have a register of applicants

• Applicants can apply for suitable advertised property; we then shortlist those applicants who are suitable for the property; i.e. need sheltered housing

• We rank in order of priority, if no one has priority we look to the applicant with the earliest registration date


3. I have Health and Support Needs – what do I need to do?

• You have to first join our housing register, once you have done this we will ask you to complete a Medical Assessment form (TMAS), you can get this from our office, by phoning in or download it from our website

• Your health and support needs will be assessed independently

• We will award you a priority based on this assessment

• You still need to check our weekly adverts of available property and submit a bid for any that are suitable for your needs


4. I’ve bid for lots of property but have never had an offer, what should I do?

• Sorry to hear that, however properties will be allocated to the applicant with the highest level of need who applies

• If you are applying for property in high demand or for properties that are not suitable you may need to consider other types, areas or ask for you priority to be re-assessed

• We may have properties for immediate let if you need to be housed sooner

• You can find out information about our how we allocate houses via the homehunt website

• We can provide information about other landlords who may be able to help


5. I’m Homeless or fleeing harassment / abuse– can you help?

• We don’t have any temporary homeless accommodation

• You should approach your local council for an assessment; contact details are above

• You can however join our register and should consider other Housing Associations in the area as well

• If you are fleeing Domestic Abuse the Local Women’s Aid may be able to assist you with refuge accommodation; call the Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0800 027 1234 (24 hours)

• We can give you information and advice about getting help if you are homeless


6. I’m one of your tenants and I want to move, what can you do to help me?

• First you must register for housing as outlined in question 1.

• As a transfer applicant you are treated in the same way as other registered applicants

• We also participate in - a mutual exchange register for Housing Association and Council tenants. You can register with HomeSwapper and then any suitable matches will be sent to you, they could be from other Housing Association or Council tenants. In some areas you can also register for free with

• You can apply to other landlords as well as they may have more appropriate stock or locations to meet your needs

• If you want to move because of problems please speak to you Housing Officer who will try and offer you advice and assistance


7. I’ve met someone and we want to swap houses – is that ok?

• It may well be possible if you are both tenants of a Council or Housing Association

• If you are our tenant you should complete the ‘Request for an exchange’ form from our office or via our website

• Once we have the information about your proposed exchange we will let you know if you are allowed to go ahead

• We would normally visit you to discuss this and advise you of any conditions

• You cannot move until you have the agreement of both landlords


We hope this information helps you, if you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to contact staff at our offices on 0800 678 1228

Caledonia Housing Association is a new organisation formed following the merger of Servite & Perthshire HAs