Housing Support Service

Caledonia specialises in the development and management of purpose-built housing for older people including sheltered housing and very sheltered housing.

We provide a range of housing support services for those who need a little bit of help in order to live independently in their own homes. 

These include:

  • General living support, including help accessing other forms of support.
  • Helping maintain home safety and security.
  • Providing and maintaining emergency alarms and call systems. This can include checking and monitoring of tenants via a morning call and home visits in sheltered and very sheltered housing.
  • Responding to emergency alarm calls relating to housing support services.
  • Helping find appropriate agencies to provide assistance in dealing with relationships and neighbour disputes.
  • Helping deal with official correspondence relating to matters affecting your home and tenancy.
  • We can refer you to our Benefits Advice Service for help relating to welfare benefits
  • Helping access specialist support such as debt counselling, and advice on personal budgeting and money matters.
  • Helping find and access personal advocacy services.
  • Helping to arrange property adaptations, in liaison with other agencies, to enable coping with changing needs
  • Enabling a move to other accommodation where less intensive or more intensive support is required.
  • Helping to facilitate social events with residents of sheltered or very sheltered housing.
  • Providing an emergency out of hours and weekend on call service.

In addition to housing support services, our very sheltered housing also provides a meals service.

For more information please dowload our Housing & Options for Older People brochure by clicking here


Payment for Housing Support Services

Caledonia will calculate the rent and service charge for your rented property. In addition, there is also a housing support charge that you will be responsible for the housing support charge is determined by the local council.

Caledonia will advise you on the costs of these charges in writing before you sign your tenancy agreement.

Please note that the housing support charge is administered by the local council who will invoice this charge to you separately.


Information Resource for Disabled People, their Carers and People Interested in Independent Living

http://www.bespoken.me/ is a member lead online community for disabled and elderly people to share information, give advice and review and influence the design of independent living equipment.