The rent you pay is our main source of income and pays for the services we provide to you, such as repairing, maintaining and improving your home as well as building much needed new homes.
It’s no surprise therefore that we focus a lot of time and effort making sure our tenants pay their rent on time. Rent and services are paid in advance. Rent is charged weekly every Monday, for most tenants unless other arrangements have been made.
It’s important to let us know as soon as possible if you don’t think you can pay your rent. Call us on 0800 678 1228. We are open Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4pm. We can help if we know there is a problem and will be sympathetic to your circumstances.
Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Arrange for you to pay arrears by instalments
- Assist you to claim housing benefit
- Arrange for you to receive independent, confidential advice about budgeting and debt management from an agency such as Shelter Scotland or the Citizens Advice Bureau
- If paying high utility bills impact on your ability to rent, we can put you in touch with an energy advice agency.
- Find out about extra help you may be able to claim for by clicking here.
How can Connect help?
Did you know the Connect app and online tenancy management tool has lots of ways to help too. In Connect you can:
- Check your rent balance & statements
- Make payments
- Use the budget tool with links to money saving advice
- Use the arrears calculator - the same tool we use to see how much you can afford to pay to celar your arrears
Visit the Connect website or download the app by searching #Connect-CHAGroup in your app or goggle play store