Repairs and Maintenance
Your tenancy agreement makes us responsible for carrying out most repair work in your home. We endeavour to keep your home “wind and watertight” and ensure it is “reasonably fit” for you to live in. This means we will repair or replace most fittings and fixtures that have become faulty through normal use and fair wear and tear. We will also maintain installations including electrical, plumbing and heating systems and other essential features of your home.
We are not responsible for repairing anything that has been damaged by you, your family or visitors – whether intentionally, accidentally or through neglect.
You are responsible for carrying out various minor repairs; decorating the inside of your home; and for maintaining any features or fixtures you have installed yourself.
In summary our Repairs and Maintenance Policy ensures we will:
- Provide a variety of simple and convenient ways in which to report repairs
- Advise you of your repairs responsibilities as a tenant
- Recharge you the cost of any repairs that are your responsibility or have been caused by your neglect of our property
- Provide an out-of-hours emergency service
- Send confirmation of all repairs – including time scale for completion and contractors contact numbers
We aim to carry out:
- Emergency repairs in 6 hours
- Urgent repairs in 4 full working days
- Routine repairs in 10 full working days
- Standard Void Repairs in 10 full working days
The downloads sections of the website has all tenant policies including our Repairs & Maintenance Policy.
Reporting a Repair
Our Customer Services Team are available 9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am – 4pm on Fridays to assist with your repairs. You can report a repair by:
Please remember to include a phone number and email adrress with your repair request so we can contact you to organise the repair.
PROPERTIES IN INVERNESS: ALL REPAIRS inc. OUT OF HOURS EMERGENCIES
All repairs excluding Gas for our residents in Inverness are reported to Cairn Housing Association on 0800 990 3405
For Gas Repairs please call 0800 678 1228 during office hours (detailed above) Out of Hours BR24 on 0800 783 7937
EMERGENCY REPAIRS THAT OCCUR OUT OF HOURS Monday to Thursday 5pm to 9am and Friday from 4pm until 9am Monday are classed as OUT OF HOURS
OUT OF HOURS EMERGENCY REPAIRS CALL 0800 783 7937
When contacted BR24 will make arrangements for contractors to attend to emergency repairs. BR24 will also contact Caledonia Housing Association staff if the situation is serious.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THIS NUMBER TO REPORT A ROUTINE OR OTHER NON-EMERGENCY REPAIR.