- Winter Information
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Tenants & Visitors
- 2021 Lockdown Easing Resuming our Services in the Levels System
- 2021 Lockdown Easing Reopening Communal Facilities in the Levels System
- Lockdown Easing 2021: Full Repairs Service Resumes
- Infection Control Measures What we do to ensure COVID safe visits
- Our Services During Stay at Home Lockdown
- Services at Christmas 2020 and from Boxing Day under level 4
- 2020 Coronavirus updates
- Scottish Government Tenant Hardship Fund
- Getting in touch while we are remote working
- Planned Maintenance During the Pandemic
- Financial Advice during the Coronavirus
- Energy advice during the coronavirus
- Activity Packs
- Connect Your Digital Self Service Portal
- Housing Scotland Act 2014 - Changes to your Tenancy
- Who looks after my house?
- Customer Services
- Ways to Pay Your Rent
- Benefits Advice
- Universal Credit
- Contents Insurance
- DEEAP Dundee Energy Efficiency Project
- Your Guide to Anti Social Behaviour
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Planned Maintenance
- Alterations and Improvements
- Estate Management
- Ending Your Tenancy? Help Us Help You!
- Housing Support Service
- HOPE Project
- Guest Room Booking
- Winter Information
- Scottish Housing Regulator
- The Scottish Social Housing Charter
GRITTING OVER THE WINTER SEASON
IN MOST of our housing schemes, grit boxes have been provided in common areas. Our staff will ensure that these are monitored and regularly filled.
Residents are free to make use of the grit to help with access when we have inclement weather. We do not provide a snow or ice clearing service however, we will arrange this during prolonged spells of exceptionally bad weather.
Roads which are adopted by local councils will be gritted and cleared by them in accordance with their schedule for doing so. Essentially our policy in such adverse weather conditions is to encourage residents to stay indoors, ensuring that they keep warm. The safety of our staff and residents is paramount in such circumstances.