Access to Information

Data Protection

We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We ensure that we comply with applicable data protection law when we process your personal data. Our full Privacy Notice explains how Caledonia will process your personal data, from when we collect it until we dispose of it. It also explains how we use your personal data, when we will share it with others and how we will keep it secure. Our Full Privacy Notice can be viewed here

Requesting to see your personal data

You have a right under DPA to access any information held by us about you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected. A request to access your personal data is known as a "subject access request". If you would like to exercise your right to access your personal data, this must be submitted to us in writing.
All requests must include your full name and address. Proof of identity will also be required e.g. copy of passport, driving license.

If you are not happy with how we handle your request, please let us know and we will try to resolve your complaint. If you are still not happy, you should contact the Information Commissioner's Office.

Environmental Information Regulations

You have the right to request environmental information from Scottish public authorities.
Requests can be made under the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs) and they work in a similar way to Freedom of Information requests, even though Caledonia are not currently subject to Freedom of Information (Scotland) Regulations.

You can make an EIR request or request assistance to make a request by contacting our Information Governance Officer via the contact details below.

When you request environmental information from us, we will provide it to you within 20 working days.
Charges may apply if you request a lot of information or if the information would take us a long time to produce. Our Schedule of Charges is available here.

Occasionally there will be reasons why we cannot provide the information you have requested. If that is the case we will tell you why.
You can challenge our decision and ask us to review our response. If you are unhappy after the review, you can appeal directly to the Scottish Information Commissioner.

The Scottish Information Commissioner
Kinburn Castle
Doubledykes Road
St Andrews, Fife
KY16 9DS
01334 464610

Other Requests for Information

Caledonia as a Housing Association are not currently subject to the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. To ensure we operate in an open and transparent manner we will consider reasonable requests for information that do not fall under Data Protection or Environmental Information under our Openness and Confidentiality policy.


If you have any queries regarding your rights to access information from Caledonia or to make a request, please contact our Information Governance Officer.

Information Governance Officer
Caledonia Housing Association
5 South St John’s Place
Telephone: 0800 678 1228