From 25 June, we moved into Phase 2 of the Scottish Government's easing of lock down restrictions which has allowed us to reintroduce some of the services we provide.
The above services we are providing and restarting will be provided with appropriate Coronavirus infection controls in place.
Repairs: The Lock Down Back Log & Plan
Lockdown has created a BIG backlog of repairs. We are delighted our contractors will be restarting work on our repairs service as part of the easing of lock down restrictions. However we expect it might take a little while to clear the 3 month back log, especially with there still being some issues on certain supply chains.
We have a plan, which we've outlined below. Please be patient with our contractors and us as we work, in the safest ways possible, to clear the backlog. No need to call to rebook work you've already told us about, we have all requested repairs noted and ready to act upon.
Our stages for restarting repairs:
|25.06.20||make a start on the backlog of non-emergency external repairs and inspections|
|29.06.20||new non-emergency external repairs and inspections will be issued straight to contractors|
|01.07.20||make a start on the backlog of non-emergency internal repairs|
|09.07.20||new non-emergency internal repairs will be issued straight to contractors|
If you have reported a non-emergency external repair, our appointed contractor will contact you in the coming weeks to arrange an appointment to do the repair.
For new repairs being reported there may still be some delays, as we play catch up, and we may not be able to meet the stated target completion dates.
We will provide progress updates in the coming weeks and thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Reporting a Repair
You can report a repair in all the usual ways by:
Completing the website form
Call us on 0800 678 1228
Email us at email@example.com
WHEN REPORTING ANY REPAIR
If you have previously reported a repair, or if you are reporting a repair for the first time, you will be asked to confirm:
• That no one in your home is isolating due to Covid-19 symptoms, is shielding or is in any of the vulnerable categories. Your response will determine if/when your repair can take place and the staff will explain this to you during the call; and
• That you agree to have our operatives working in your home. If you don’t agree, we will ask you to call back when you are happy for the repair to take place.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
When our operatives are working in your home, everyone in the household must:
• Stay in another room from the operative for the duration of the visit; or
• If this is not possible, for example if you and the operative need to discuss the purpose of the visit, this must be done from a minimum of 2m distance and for as short a time as possible.
WHAT WE WILL DO
While our operatives are in your property, they will:
• Practice good hand hygiene and wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) if required;
• Always maintain appropriate social distance; and
• Clean down all areas where they have been working.