Services at Christmas & new Scottish Government Restrictions from Boxing Day
During the Christmas and New Year period we will be maintaining our usual out of hours service provision via BR24 on 0800 783 7937. So whilst our offices will remain closed, from 1pm on Christmas Eve until Tuesday 5th January, our customers can contact BR24 at any time of the day or night to report an emergency issue or repair.
BR24 will report the emergency to our contractors who will also be working through the period and who will attend. However our contractors will have a reduced workforce available, so please bear with us and note that they have 6 hours in which to respond and attend to an emergency.
If you report a non-emergency repair, BR24 will take a record and it will receive attention when we return. Please be aware that any payments made in the period, website enquiries or service requests made via Connect won't be updated until we return on 5th January.
Residents will be aware of the latest update from the Scottish Government regarding the new Coronavirus safety measures to be introduced from Boxing Day. These will place all local authority areas in mainland Scotland into Level 4 of their tiered range of measures – these are the strictest set of measures and are very similar to the full lockdown measures introduced at the start of the pandemic. More details are available about Level 4 Measures on the Scottish Government website.
So for absolute clarity our service provision at Christmas and beyond under these new measures will be as follows:
Between 24/12/20 and 05/01/21:
- Our main offices will remain closed and office based staff will not be available
- We will provide an emergency only contact and repairs service via BR24 on 0800 783 7937
- BR24 have contact details of named staff who can provide advice or a response should the emergency situation require this
- Staff in our Very Sheltered Housing will continue to work at our schemes
- We will maintain a common cleaning service in our retirement housing schemes, except at weekends and on Bank Holidays
- Scheme equipment checks will be undertaken in Retirement schemes as required and where staff are available
After 05/01/21 and until further Scottish Government announcements:
- Remote working will remain our default service position and our main and scheme offices will remain closed to staff, customers & the general public
- Our teams will work remotely and will be available to help with all your enquiries – please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 678 1228
- Whilst under Level 4 measures we will only be able to complete emergency and urgent internal repairs (remember safety & social distance measures must be followed).
- All external repairs and servicing are permitted.
- Our planned and cyclical maintenance inside homes will be paused as this is not classed as essential
- Staff in our Very Sheltered developments will continue to work at schemes and to provide much needed support for residents
- Our Retirement scheme staff will also continue to work remotely but will remain in contact with residents & will visit their scheme to undertake equipment & safety checks as required
- A common area cleaning service will be provided by our Home Help and Estates Services
- Home moves will be permitted and contractors (such as removal firms) may assist
- To keep everyone safe visits or personal contact will only be considered in essential situations, strictly by appointment and only after ensuring that:
- Screening checks for Coronavirus symptoms are completed
- Social distancing at the visit can be observed
- Measures for hand hygiene and coughing etiquette will be undertaken
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn if deemed appropriate
- Records of contacts are made for track and trace requirements
- Please remember these measures are to keep everyone safe and a visit will be declined or ended if these are not followed.
We would like to thank you for your continued understanding in these difficult times and for helping us to help you and our staff stay safe.