Following the most recent Scottish Government guidance, we have been reviewing how this will affect our staff and tenants. Most of our staff are now working from home as per the guidance however they remain available to deliver services and to support and assist you.
For general enquiries please continue to contact our Customer Solutions Team via our website, by email, through our Connect Online portal or by phoning 0800 678 1228. Your Neighbourhood Officer is also available to help with enquiries about your tenancy, repairs or your rent account and wherever possible these will be delivered by remote means, home visits will only be arranged if these are essential.
We will continue to deliver a repairs service however this has been impacted by the recent Government announcement. Some of the changes you may experience are:
- Contractors will be taking lateral flow tests on the day they visit your home and tenants are encouraged to complete a lateral flow test prior to their arrival. If this is positive you should inform us straight away to ensure the risk of transmission is minimised.
- Our contractors will only undertake emergency repairs if you or a family member have tested positive for COVID or you or a family member are self-isolating as a potential contact of a person who has tested positive.
- You will be asked to confirm your COVID status when arranging a repair and prior to the repair visit taking place.
- The contractor will be able to complete any urgent or routine repairs after the period of isolation has ended.
- When contractors are on site tenants must ensure that social distancing is maintained and the area for repair is cleaned and well ventilated.
- Contractors will wear face coverings and PPE and tenants are also requested to wear face coverings whilst contractors are engaging with them in their home.
Our scheme-based staff will continue to deliver essential services, such as at our very sheltered housing schemes, at our retirement housing schemes and via our common cleaning and estates services. In line with Government guidance, they will follow strict health and safety measures to limit social contacts. Visits into homes will only be undertaken if essential and safety measures such as social distancing, face coverings and hand hygiene are followed.
Our communal lounges and laundries will also remain open; however, residents are requested to adhere to Government advice when using these and limit social gatherings in indoor spaces to no more than three households. Residents should also use the hand sanitiser and cleaning materials provided when visiting these areas. Some other communal facilities may be closed where cleaning and infection controls are unable to be followed.
Caledonia is very much aware that the ongoing COVID pandemic and associated Government measures to manage infection control continues to have an impact on our tenants and on the services they receive. We remain grateful for their patience and understanding, and we will continue to ensure that we will do all that we can to help to maintain the health and safety of everyone.