Homehunt - important changes

Homehunt Registration Applicants, Important Update Information

Date Posted: 14th of May 2013

If you have registered with the Homehunt Letting System please be aware that Caledonia Housing Association are currently in advanced discussions with our colleagues in Dundee and Angus Councils with regards to signing up to a Common Housing Register in these areas.

We already allocate all housing in Perth and Kinross via the Common Housing Register and operate a 100% nomination agreement in Fife and the Highlands.

This means that in future, for those of you who have applied or are applying for the Dundee and Angus areas, we will no longer use the Homehunt system to allocate our housing and we strongly recommend that you register with the local authority in the area(s) you wished to be housed within. Please also be aware that if you have applied with any local authority you may wish to ensure that you have selected to be nominated for Caledonia’s housing stock.

Unless your circumstances have recently changed, at this time, you do not need to do anything. We will write to each individual applicant once we have a confirmed date for Dundee and Angus Council’s Common Housing Registers being used to allocate our housing stock.

Contact information for each local authority is included below along with our Questions & Answers information however, should you have any queries or are unsure about your application, then please do not hesitate to call our own Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1228.

Questions and Answers
When will you stop using Homehunt to allocate your housing?
This depends on agreement with Dundee City Council and Angus Council in joining the Common Housing Register in each area; we expect that it will be by 1st October 2013.

I have an application in with the local authority – do I need to do anything else?
No, if you have an active application you need not complete any more information; you may want to ensure your application is up to date and you have selected to be nominated to a housing association.

Under the Homehunt system I had selected more than one local authority area for re-housing, can I apply to more than one local authority?
Yes, all local authorities will have open waiting lists, you may however receive a different priority depending on your need to move to another area.
I am a Caledonia HA tenant looking for rehousing should I apply to the local authority?
Yes, we do not hold a ‘transfer’ list; you may also want to consider registering on www.homeswapper.co.uk which is free for all Caledonia HA tenants, it can also be used by any housing association or council tenant to help find a mutual exchange.
Tenants in Dundee and Angus can also register via the local House Exchange scheme.

Local Authority Contact Details:
Perth and Kinross Council – Visit your local office or contact:
Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
Telephone: 01738 475000, e-mail: HousingAllocation@pkc.gov.uk or visit www.pkc.gov.uk

Dundee City Council - Visit your local office or contact:
The Lettings Centre, 169 Pitkerro Road, Dundee DD4 8ES
Email: lettings.centre@dundeecity.gov.uk
Telephone: 0300 123 9023 or 01382 307400 or visitwww.dundeecity.gov.uk

Angus Council - Visit your local ACCESS Offices or contact:
Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar DD8 1AX
Telephone: 08452 777 778 or visit www.angus.gov.uk

Fife Council - Visit your local office or contact:
Fife Council, Forth House, Abbotshall Road, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1RU
Telephone: 08451 55 00 33 or visit www.fifedirect.gov.uk

Highland Council - Visit your local office or contact:
The Highland Council, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness IV3 5NX
Tel: 01349 886602 or visit www.highland.gov.uk

View All News