Home » Report a Common Repair

Report a Common Repair

To report a common repair Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4pm please: 

Click and complete our ‘Report a Repair’ webform

Email: info@caledoniaha.co.uk 

Call: 0800 678 1228


We also operate an Out of Hours service for emergency repairs to common areas and will provide a make safe repair until the full repair can be completed in working hours. 


Emergency Repairs Service call BR24 0800 783 7937 

5pm to 9am Monday to Thursday and 4pm Friday until 9am Monday 

Please remember the Out of Hours Service will only attend emergency communal repairs. 

Helpful information

Most of the flatted properties we manage are covered by a block buildings insurance policy arranged by the Association.  If you are not sure if your property is included on the policy, you can check your latest invoice, where there will be a charge for insurance on your bill if your property is included. 

We do not provide contents insurance to cover your personal possessions, and for your own peace of mind, we strongly recommend that you take out adequate content’s insurance. 

A Summary of Insurance Cover can be obtained from our office – call us on 0800 678 1228 or email info@caledoniaha.co.uk for a copy. 

It is important to remember that we only arrange the buildings insurance on your behalf and take no part in the claim’s procedure. When you make a claim against the buildings insurance policy, you will pay an excess charge directly to the insurance company. 

The billing frequency for your property will be outlined in your Written Statement of Services. 

If you have a query about any charges on your invoice please contact us via our Website Report a Repair Form , email  info@caledoniaha.co.uk or call 0800 678 1228. 

If you want to dispute any item on your invoice, you should raise this within fourteen days of receiving the invoice.  Other items on that invoice or any other invoice from us should still be paid by the due date while we investigate the disputed item. 

You can pay your invoice by the following methods: – 

  • Direct debit – call us on 0800 678 1228 with your account number and sort code and we will set this up 
  • Bank transfer – full details on the invoice 
  • Debit or credit card over the telephone, call us on 0800 678 1228 
  • By cheque made payable to the Association 
  • At any Pay Point 

Further details of how to make payments are stated on our invoices.

If you are finding it difficult to afford payment of your Factoring charges please contact us as soon as possible. We are keen to help you, and we can make arrangements with you to pay any arrears to us in regular manageable amounts. 

If you do not contact us, or if you do not keep to your agreement for repayment, we will take legal action against you. Our Debt Recovery Procedure sets out the steps we will follow when you have failed to make payment. This includes action we will take to recover the debt.  You would be responsible for all legal expenses incurred, in addition to the arrears balance. 

A full copy of our Debt Recovery Procedure is available from our office on request. 

If you are having difficulty paying your factoring costs please contact us as soon as possible. We offer advice and links to organisations that can support you. 

We are here to help. 

If you sell your home, you should notify the Association at least four weeks before the intended date of change of ownership and include details of the names of the incoming owner, the date of the proposed change and your forwarding address.  Your Solicitor will often provide us with this information on your behalf as part of their conveyancing service. 

On receipt of notification of the sale, the Association will arrange to apportion the charges and sums due by the outgoing owner to the date of sale.

If you let out your property, you are still responsible for paying the common charges. 

If you are letting your property or are planning to be away from the property for an extended period, it is also important that you provide the Association with a correspondence address and details of how to contact you, or a key holder, in the case of an emergency. 

All private landlords must be registered with their local authority. 

The aim of landlord registration is to ensure that all private landlords are “fit and proper” to be letting residential property. The requirement helps local authorities to remove disreputable landlords from the market and to protect tenants and their neighbours from the impact of antisocial behaviour and mismanaged property in the wider community. 

To register as a private landlord, or to search the register, please visit www.landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk 

We are committed to providing quality services that meet the individual needs of all of our customers – and we set high standards to try to make sure we achieve this. We also know our customers have similarly high expectations of us. 

We know there can be occasions where we fall short of our standards or do not fully meet these expectations. We have a detailed Complaints Handling Procedure that is designed to help us resolve any customer dissatisfaction quickly and as close to the point of service delivery as possible. It is based on a two-stage approach: 


Complaints Handling Procedure: The 2-Stage Process

Stage 1 

Straightforward complaints are handled quickly at this stage. 

Stage 1 complaints should take no longer than 5 working days to resolve. 

We would hope, for example, to be able to resolve many Stage 1 complaints by offering an ‘on the spot’ apology or explanation of why an issue occurred and what we will do to stop it happening again.

Stage 2 

Complaints not resolved at Stage 1. 

Complaints at this stage are more complicated or need further investigation than Stage 1. 

20 working day target applies to Stage 2 complaints. In practice, we will always aim to take less time than this.

You can make a complaint by: 

  • completing the website contact form 
  • completing the paperless, electronic version of the complaints form created in survey monkey. 
  • emailing info@caledoniaha.co.uk 
  • speaking to a member of staff in person. 
  • phoning 0800 678 1228 
  • sending a letter to any of our office locations  

Further detail on our Complaints Handling Procedure can be found in this leaflet.  

Anyone who remains dissatisfied at the end of our complaints process can ask the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber) to investigate the matter. 

The First-tier Tribunal for Scotland provides the possibility for issues between homeowners and property factors to be impartially resolved. 

Applications can be made to the Housing and Property Chamber First-tier Tribunal for Scotland where a homeowner believes that the property factor has failed to comply with their factoring duties or the Property Factors’ Code of Conduct. 

Housing and Property Chamber 

First-tier Tribunal for Scotland 

Glasgow Tribunals Centre 

20 York Street 


G2 8GT 

Telephone:        0141 302 5900 

Email:              HPCAdmin@scotcourtstribunals.gov.uk 

Website:           www.housingandpropertychamber.scot

You can contact us with any questions or queries about your factoring service  

  • email info@caledoniaha.co.uk 
  • complete the website contact form 
  • call 0800 678 1228 Monday to Thursday 9a,m to 5pm Friday 9am to 4pm 
  • for EMERGENCY Out of Hours Repairs please call BR24 0800 783 7937 (5pm to 9am Monday to Thursday and 4pm Friday until 9am Monday)